Lori's wacky world.....

in my world....i'm brilliant and baffling...funny and deep... people drive for miles just to see me....

Monday, October 01, 2007

brick by brick

I just read a blog about a mom who feels invisible as she carries out the various thankless tasks of being a mother.
A wonderful friend of hers gave her a book about "Cathedrals" and wrote on the inside what a good job she was doing building cathedrals while noone was watching(something to that effect).
Gosh, I get that way,too, almost apologizing for "just being a mom" and struggling with the pervasive thought that I can offer nothing to most situation cuz I'm just a mom.
When, in reality, we are building beautiful, grand, amazing cathedrals....one thankless brick at a time.
Good insight.
Now, that thankless job of grading papers and turning in weekly reports...brick by brick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home